Friday, January 16, 2015

Blog Post #1

   I have heard that EDM310 is a somewhat difficult class if you do not own a Mac and that the course load is manageable though time consuming. Though I would not use the word fear to describe my feelings towards this class, I am a bit apprehensive simply because this style of learning is new to me. I am more accustomed to being taught in a traditional lecture/testing format and this way seems like it will take some time to grasp. However, I believe in the long run this format could be more beneficial because it takes the stress off of memorizing facts only to lose that information after the test is over in order to start trying to memorize new material for the next test.
   The most difficult aspect of this class will probably be navigating the new technology that will be introduced to me and getting used to being graded in a nontraditional format. I have never blogged, or used any form of social media other than Facebook. The best way to address those issues is to not stress and ask questions as they arise, and also to get acquainted with these new technological avenues. I hope by the end of this class I can report to my friends who have taken this class before me that I have new ideas about how I will teach my future students and that I am now more tech savvy thanks to EDM310.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Olivia, I also had heard a lot of negative comments regarding this class. I love the honestly in your writing. Your blog dose not seem sugar coated at all it makes readers feel like your writhing is real and I think that is very important in blog post. I find it amazing that your have not used any other form of social media besides facebook. Your post is great. Although the body of your post is clear and straight to the point I feel that your closing sentence should have been a little stronger so that it holds up to your wonderful writing in the above paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete